Privacy and Confidentiality Policy
National Kidney Registry, Inc.
- The National Kidney Registry shall store all of your information in a private database. The National Kidney Registry will use all possible efforts to maintain the confidentiality, security, and privacy of your information. The National Kidney Registry will not sell, rent, or lease your personally identifiable information to any parties.
- Notwithstanding the above, you agree that the National Kidney Registry shall have the right to disclose, disseminate, share, or otherwise utilize your medical information in order to find the best possible kidney match, by disclosing any necessary medical information to any necessary parties, for that sole purpose.
- The National Kidney Registry also reserves the right to disclose any necessary information to any necessary parties, if required to do so in order to comply with any Federal, State, or local legal process, subpoena, regulation or governmental request
- The National Kidney Registry is not a health care provider, and is not responsible for any evaluation of the health of any donor or recipient, choice of treatment, or medical services rendered. The National Kidney Registry does not provide any medical services, nor make any medical determinations, nor decisions, nor does it endorse any particular health care or medical provider or procedure. Donors and recipients are responsible for managing their own medical treatment and making their own medical decisions.
- The National Kidney Registry is not responsible for, nor does it endorse any of the information contained in any links, advertisements, or other such “pointers” to other Internet sites maintained by third parties, nor for the content contained therein.
- You must be at least eighteen (18) years of age to register with the National Kidney Registry. If you are a potential kidney recipient and are younger than eighteen (18) years of age, then a parent or a legal guardian must register with the National Kidney Registry on your behalf.
- A representative of the recipient may register on behalf of the recipient. However, the representative must have the written authorization of the recipient to act as the authorized representative. The National Kidney Registry reserves the right to deny registration to anyone, at any time, without notice, for any reason.