Piedmont is a private, not-for-profit organization offering an integrated health care system that provides a hassle-free and unified experience. For centuries we have lived up to our purpose to make a positive difference in every life we touch in the communities we serve.
About Our Kidney Transplant Program
When it comes to transplant surgery, patients need a proven, experienced leader they can count on to deliver unparalleled care and the best possible outcomes. Since 1986, Piedmont Transplant Institute has been recognized as one of the nation’s most successful transplant programs, performing over 5,000 transplant surgeries for liver, pancreas, kidney and heart recipients.
- Patient outcomes among the best in the nation
- Significantly shorter recipient wait times vs. national averages (liver transplant)
- High patient satisfaction ratings across all stages of care
- First in Georgia to offer:
- Living Donor Robotic Donor Nephrectomy
- Paired donor transplant
- Number of transplants per year ranked in the top 10% U.S. abdominal transplant programs
- Statewide satellite clinic program to enhance access to care